If you have one of our Smart TVs running on Android 9, you may have the above message when you log into Netflix and try to play a show. If you keep getting this error, it means Netflix temporarily does NOT support your device.
If you are unsure what version of Android your TV has, you can find out by doing the following:
- Ensure you are on Smart TV, by pressing the Input button and selecting Smart TV.
- Navigate to the top right corner to the 'Cogwheel' (Settings).
- Scroll down to Device Preferences and then select About.
- Scroll down until you see the heading Version. Under that, it should say 9.
This solution will require the use of an extra Bluetooth remote control once you have the patch installed. Please contact our customer service team by following this link:- Submit a Request and our team will work with you to arrange a remote control for you.*
*If your TV is under warranty please submit a request and this process will be completely free for you.
**If you are out of warranty, There is a $15 postage fee for the remote control. You do not need to contact us and can arrange your remote control here: Englaon Bluetooth Remote Control
If you would like to install this update before you have the remote control, you can connect a PC mouse to your TV. You will need to use your original remote control to use the virtual keyboard when searching for a show or movie.
- USB device, formatted with the file system type FAT32.
- Working PC with Internet access
- After downloading the file to your USB device, plug your USB device into the Android USB Port on your TV.
- Turn your TV on and go to Smart TV, once that has loaded select update, then click Select. After you have pressed Select you should see the file name across the top of the TV.
- If you have copied the file correctly to your USB device you will see it listed, select the file and then press Update.
- Your TV will advise you it will Power off, after a few moments you should see it start back up again.
- As your TV is starting up, you will see the screen change and display Installing system update.
- Once the update installation has been completed, you will see the Home Screen.
- In Favorite apps, Click on Add app to favourite - head to end of your favourite bar and Select the plus sign (Add apps to Favourite) - then Click on Netflix.
- Confirm that you can now see and select the Netflix Icon.
- Click on Settings on your TV
- Go to Remote & Accessories -> Add accessory
- Searching for accessories. Ensure your remote control is in pairing mode by pressing and hold the OK button and the back buttons for 3 seconds.
- Then use your original remote control to select Englaon RC. You will then see a message saying Pairing, Connecting, and finally Paired.
- Go back to the home page and press the mouse button to activate your mouse.
- Now, you can see that the screen has a virtual mouse pointer.
- Go to Netflix (if you wish to deactivate the mouse, press the mouse button on your remote control)
- Guide the mouse pointer, by moving the remote control, and navigate to select Sign In
- Sign Into your Netflix Account
- Please press and hold the OK button to drag the page up/down and left/right to scroll around the Netflix Home Page. This operates similarly to a tablet in that you can only scroll the width or length of the screen.